Vince McMahon allegations hurt Randy Orton’s ‘f—king heart’

Must read

WWE wrestler Randy Orton is reportedly “torn” on Vince McMahon and has “no idea what to think” after the WWE founder was sued for sexual assault and sex trafficking.

Is Vince McMahon returning to WWE?

Orton, 43, worked under McMahon for 24 years and still appears in WWE events, but he doesn’t know about the accusations beyond the lawsuit and initial reports online.

“I’ve seen the horrible things online that I don’t want to believe because this man has done so many things for me,” Orton said in a phone interview with the New York Post. “If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have been given second and third chances [in WWE]. I wouldn’t be in the position that I’m in now if it wasn’t for that man.

“So part of me wants to not believe it and then the other part of me understands that he could have done all these wonderful things for me and the business and created this amazing thing that will go on and on well after he’s gone, but on the other hand he’s human and he made some f–king terrible mistakes.”

In an interview with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Orton said:

“I’ve got to say this–I wouldn’t be where I am without Vince McMahon taking a chance on me a handful of times. I would not be where I am today without Vince McMahon. But, f—k, I’m reading this sh-t. What you’ve seen and read, I’ve seen and read. As far as commenting on that, it f—king hurts my heart. It hurts my heart.”

Orton has previously been accused of sexual misconduct. The WWE announced in 2018 it was “looking into” old allegations made against the Viper in 2012. The allegation detailed an “initiation” for WWE writers where Orton “comes in the room puts his hand down his pants, pulls out his d—k, touches himself, then says ‘I’m Randy Orton, shake my hand…oh you don’t want to shake my hand? You’re big leaguing me? That’s f—ked up man. Should I tell Vince and Steph you won’t shake Randy Orton’s hand?’” according to WWE writer Court Bauer via WrestlingNews.Co.

Orton added that he still has yet to hear McMahon’s side of the events. The WWE founder stepped down from his position as executive chairman of the board of directors at TKO Group Holdings on Jan. 27, denying any wrongdoing in his released statement.

“There’s three sides to every story,” Orton said. “Their side, the other side and then the truth. I think a lot more has to come out before I can really speak on any of this. I think that would be the case for any talent that you ask, but I do know about Vince McMahon the man that I’ve known for the past 24 years personally and I owe him for everything he’s done for me.

“I say that with conviction because I won’t be in this position without a lot of help from him. But if these allegations are true, then it’s some horrible sh-t right there. I’m torn. It’s hard.”

Orton will still wrestle in a men’s Elimination Chamber match on Saturday in Perth, Australia, but he agrees with fellow WWE star Cody Rhodes that the McMahon accusations have put “a little bit of a dark cloud over everything” in WWE.

More articles

Latest article